QuickBizBreak by david weaver

Take a quick break from your biz to ponder new ideas and strategies that will turbocharge your business.

Posts Tagged ‘Business Networking’

How to Become a Relationship Broker

Posted by QuickBizBreak on May 19, 2010

What is a Relationship Broker? It’s someone who is always thinking of building relationships by brokering introductions. And not just any introductions, but the kinds that create synergy between people, drawing from the strengths of both parties. Those strengths may be tactical, possessing a needed skill for example, or they could be strategic, such as brokering further introductions within their own sphere of influence.

Now, who comes to mind when you think of a Relationship Broker? If you’re in Roswell, GA, that would be Steve Stroud. Listen in as Steve describes how he works within the community to the benefit of others and how that can work for you to build better relationships and more business!

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: , , , , , , , , | 3 Comments »

Oh no! Another business blog!

Posted by QuickBizBreak on June 27, 2009

Why should I subscribe to, much less read, a new business blog?  There are hundreds of business blogs out there and thousands (millions?) of business articles I can access with a few keystrokes via the Internet.

The whole idea here is to provide a quick break for you to step away from your business and work on your business instead of in your business.  What’s the difference?  We’ll cover that in my next post.

So, here are 9 reasons why you should read this particular business blog regularly, regardless of whether you are a business owner, a manager or an employee:

1.  You Know Me – You Don’t Know Them

  • At least not personally, that is.  While certainly there are plenty of well-know business experts blogging today, I’m someone you know, or can get to know, and trust.  This first edition is going out to those in my personal and business sphere of influence.  That means I’ve either met you, talked with you, been recommended to you or somehow come across your business card (remember those cards you pinned to the bulletin board at the local Mexican cantina?).

2.  I’ll Bring You the Best of Business Blogging

  • Along with my own content, I’ll highlight that of my associates, as well as tidbits from the 30+ blogs I believe are the best in the country.  All served up with my own twist and related to you with specific examples of how to maximize the performance of your business.  But wait, there’s more!

3.  Video Blog

  • Each month, I’ll bring you video that showcases the best business ideas.  Some will be from my own perspective but we’ll also highlight local business owners who are ‘doing it right’.  You’ll learn from your peers about what’s working for them in the current economy.

4.  Actionable Ideas

  • Not just fluff but ideas you can act upon.  Remember, I’m going to get you thinking outside of the day-to-day routine of your business.

Not Enough To Convince You?  Try These Hard Facts:

5.  According to the SBA, over 50% of small businesses fail in the first five years.

6.  A study done by Inc. magazine and the National Business Incubator Association (NBIA) revealed that 80 percent of new businesses fail        within the first five years.

7.  According to Dun & Bradstreet reports, “Businesses with fewer than 20 employees have only a 37% chance of surviving four years (of      business) and only a 9% chance of surviving 10 years.”

8.  Restaurants only have a 20% chance of surviving 2 years.

9.  Of these failed business, only 10% of them close involuntarily due to bankruptcy and the remaining 90% close because the business        was not successful, did not provide the level of income desired or was too much work for their efforts.

The old adage, “People don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan” certainly holds true when it comes to small business success.

So how do you plan and ensure that your business is going to be successful and provide the level of income you really desire?

Stay tuned, my friends!

Best of business,

David Weaver



Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment »